Read the sections Preface and Imitation from Nicholas Delbancos book Why Writing Matters (2020). Develop an original argument about how Delbanco engages with one or more of the ideas weve explored this semester: the role of writing in todays society, the teaching of writing within universities, the conflict between imitation and originality, etc. Then, write a 1000- to 1200-word essay (approx. 56 double-spaced pages) that expresses your argument in clear formal prose. Your essay must include MLA or APA in-text citations and a correctly-formatted Works Cited/References page, and will be graded accordingly. Note that the goal of this assignment is not to evaluate whether the claims of Delbancos book are correct, morally good, or even technically effective, but rather to identify how they are constructed and to analyze how these characteristics influence a readers understanding of the issues under discussion. Each section of your analysis should focus on specific elements of the chapters structure (grammar, word choice, sentence and paragraph organization, etc.), their rhetorical techniques, their writerly voice, and the audience(s) to which they appeal.You will also locate and cite 1-3 academic secondary sources that will assist you in making your argument. These can include readings from our course syllabus (e.g., Kathleen Fitzpatricks Generous Thinking) if relevant to your own claim.
Develop an original argument about how Delbanco engages with one or more of the ideas weve explored this semester: the role of writing in todays society, the teaching of writing within universities, the conflict between imitation and originality, etc
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “PREVIEW” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.