Neff & McMinn Paper, Parts A and B
This Neff & McMinn assignment is a large component of your grade for this course (250 points total), and it is to be completed in two parts. Part A will be completed at the end of Week 5 (Chapters 1-3), and Part B will be completed at the end of Week 7 (Chapters 4-6). Please keep the following overarching things in mind as you complete this assignment:
1. You will significantly interact with the Neff & McMinn (2020) text and the issues that are raised in each chapter.
2. Based on the idea that “integration is conversation” from Neff & McMinn (2020), as a graduate student, you will incorporate other concepts and ideas you have encountered in this course, in your faith journey, in your work experience, and in other areas of your life. The goal here is that you will not merely regurgitate issues in a book report form, but that you will think deeply about how what you are reading in Neff & McMinn (2020) relates to other ideas you can bring to the table. Bringing in ideas from Scripture, from the ACA Code of Ethics (latest edition), from previous textbooks and courses, from other materials in this course (such as the Hawkins & Clinton text) and from your personal and work experience are all fair game and highly encouraged. Creativity is encouraged as you engage meaningfully with these ideas. Please bear in mind, however, that this is an academic paper, and not a paper where you use slang, overly religious jargon, etc.
3. You will not only have an opportunity to interact intellectually with the concepts that are in the Neff & McMinn (2020) text, but you will have an opportunity at the end of Part B (Week 7) especially to share how your own spiritual formation has been impacted by what you have read in Neff & McMinn and in this course.
So with that backdrop, here and the directions for your assignment in two parts:
** Part A – Chapters 1-3 – Due Week 5 – (125 points total)
** Part B – Chapters 4-6 – Due Week 7 – (125 points total)
** Please Note: Your assignments for Part A and Part B are the exact same directions. The only thing that changes is the topics for each assignment. In Part A, you will be covering Chapters 1-3, and in Part B, you will be writing about Chapters 4-6. Therefore, the actual writing of your chapter summary and reflection will look different in each assignment. Total length of text for Parts A and B: Roughly 5-7 pages
1. Provide a title page including only your name, the paper title (referring to the book title), and the institutional affiliation (Liberty University). Keep in mind that current APA standards recommend the title length not exceed 12 words. Please include an abstract on page 2 about what this Part (A or B) covers.
2. Chapters 1-3 Summary (or Chapters 4-6 Summary): After briefly introducing the name of the book, the book chapters, and the authors, summarize the three chapters in at least 2 pages. Be appropriately concise but also be adequately c