CAN ANYONE DO THIS ASSIGNMENT TODAY 10.00, HERE IS THE EXAMPLE I WANT IT THE SAME WAY BUT WITH ANOTHER PATIENT AND I WANT YOU TO ELABORATE MORE ON THERE. I WANT IT TO BE A DIFFERENT SITUTION BUT SIMILAR CONTENT.Student: Andcherla Marcelin Date: 09/08/2020
Clinical Instructor: Prof. Rodriguez
Name (initials only): N.J Unit: Nursing Home
Current Legal Status (Vol., 5150, 5250, 30 day, T-Con, LPS-Conservatorship): Voluntary
Multiaxial Diagnostic System: Axis I (Clinical Disorder): Depression disorder
Axis II (Personality Disorder / Mental Retardation): None
Axis III (General Medical Conditions): Hypertension, Diabetes, fracture RT ankle from fall,
osteoarthritis, macular degeneration.
Axis IV (Psychosocial and Environmental Problems): Lack of family support
Axis V (Global Assessment of Functioning Scale): Not found in chart
1. Description of the patient: Age? Sex? Ethnicity? Marital Status? What precipitated hospitalization? Number of days in the hospital? Mental Status, etc.
N.J is an 81-year-old black female. She has been in the nursing home for 8 months following time in the hospital with a fractured right ankle after a huge fall. She lost her husband about four years ago. Her youngest sister was the only person who used to pay her a visit but has since stopped after being diagnosed with a heart attack 9 weeks ago. She arrived at the psychiatric health facility on 09/08/2020 for a depression disorder. N.J is alert and oriented x4 to person, place, time, and situation.
2. Description of environmental setting where interaction took place. Explain the reasons for a supportive or non-supportive environment. (e.g. noise, distractions, light, temperature, etc.)
The interaction between me and the patient took place in a quiet and calm environment. The area was open, with a tolerable temperature, no offensive lights, and sounds. The interaction lasted for 45 minutes. Overall, I feel the environment was supportive because we were able to interact freely with the patient without being interrupted.
Course Number and Name
Course: NURS 223L
INTERPERSONAL PROCESS ANALYSIS TEMPLATE
Revision Date: Month, Year (i.e. February, 2010) Page 1
Page 1 of 5
INTERPERSONAL PROCESS ANALYSIS
NAME: Andcherla Marcelin DATE: 09/08/2020
· Verbal (quotes) and Nonverbal Communication (behavior, tone of voice, eye contact, mannerisms, etc.)
· Document at least 5 interactions
· Goal for each interaction (realistic and measurable)
Verbal (quotes) and Nonverbal Communication (behavior, tone of voice, eye contact, mannerisms, etc.)
· Identify communication technique used then define your communication techniques
· Was the communication therapeutic or non- therapeutic?
· Which defense and coping mechanisms did the patient use? Rationale is based on your patient.
Critique and Analysis
(effective or not effective? Could have said…) Document your thoughts and feelings during the interaction.
Was your goal met?
Goal: To Build rapport with the patient
Verbal: You look younger than your age
Nonverbal: Smiling and nodding when appropriate