Click on the link and find eight different formulas for poems. You will create a poem using each formula. Have some fun with this assignment!
Label each poem so that I know which formula you used.
Upload your eight poems1. A five senses poem describes an emotion or idea. Its emphasis is on the different ways in which the senses can be used to describe.
· Line 1: Tell what color an emotion or idea is.
· Line 2: Tell what the emotion tastes like.
· Line 3: Tell what the emotion sounds like.
· Line 4: Tell what the emotion smells like.
· Line 5: Tell what the emotion looks like.
· Line 6: Tell what the emotion makes you feel like.
Fall is red and yellow.
It tastes like chicken soup.
It sounds like wind through the trees.
And smells like warm wood smoke.
It looks like what you see when you get your new glasses.
It makes you feel energetic.
2. A part of speech poem is written using the limitations of parts of speech.
· Line 1: Write down one article and one noun.
· Line 2: Write down one adjective, one conjunction, and one adjective.
· Line 3: Write down one verb, one conjunction, and one verb.
· Line 4: Write down one adverb.
· Line 5: Write down one noun which relates to the noun in the first line.
colorful and exciting,
Decorates and fulfills
3. Three Word Forms: 10 lines
Each line of this form is made up of three words. The last two words become the first two words in the next line. In the poem, there will be a progress of images and a story will be told.
sleep, alarm, awake
alarm, awake, shower
awake, shower, clothes
shower, clothes, shoes
clothes, shoes, dog
shoes, dog, run
dog, run, breakfast
run, breakfast, sunrise
breakfast, sunrise, car
sunrise, car, work.
4. . I see_________________________
I see the sage-covered desert
I smell the freshness of the morning
I hear the scream of the hawk
I feel the caress of a breeze
I taste the dew on the wind
I think the new day is born
After you have written out the sentences, remove the
as you need to:
freshness of morning
scream of the hawk
caress of a breeze
dew of the wind
new day born
5. Ideas for List Poems: 12 line minimum
The Sources of:
you find in the grocery
you hear in your house
you smell in the school
that are round/square
that are red/blue/green/black
to do waiting for the bus
to do trying to fall asleep
you should have done
you should not have done
that make you feel tall
that make you feel small
that you tell your mother
THINGS KIDS SAY WHEN THEY WANT TO GET OUT TO PLAY
–I did all my homework.
–I picked up my toys.
–I emptied the trash.
–My bed is made. No, there are no lumps.
–I ate all my vegetables.
–But everyone else is.
–Bobby’s mom doesn’t make him.
–No, my dirty clothes aren’t under the bed.
–Yes, Mom, I’m sure.