Critical Thinking Assignment CT-M9
Using the Framingham Heart Study Dataset (see excel sheet attached) , you will compare the risk factors in men and women where you will use the following patient characteristics: age, systolic blood pressure, diastolic blood pressure, use of antihypertensive medication, current smoker, total serum cholesterol, mg/dL, body mass index (BMI), and diabetes, by determining the means for each risk factor.
· Create a table that summarizes your results.
· H0 The risk factors for heart disease listed as patient characteristics are not related to if the patient is male or female in the Framingham Heart Study. (Null Hypothesis)
· H1 The risk factors for heart disease listed as patient characteristics are related to if the patient is male or female in the Framingham Heart Study. (Alternative Hypothesis)
Steps of Excel Analysis
· To conduct your analysis of the data sort the data by the Sex/Gender variable and sort by smallest to largest.
· Compute the means and standard deviations for continuous variables using AVERAGE(range) and STDEV(range) functions – Compute n(%) for dichotomous variables using COUNT(range) and COUNTIF (range, criteria) functions modifying ranges accordingly.
· Present your findings by cutting and pasting your results table in a Word document that includes a title page, introduction, a discussion where you interpret the meaning of the table and a conclusion should be included.
· Your submission should be 3-4 pages to discuss and display your findings.
· Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of two scholarly, peer-reviewed articles. One of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but the others must be external.
· Follow APA writing standards.